Re: [OM] 2-13 screen in an OM-2

Subject: Re: [OM] 2-13 screen in an OM-2
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 14:11:14 EDT
In a message dated 05/17/2000 1:54:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ulf.westerberg@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> No one else in the list have reported these problems, then I'm very
critical
> when it comes to exposure and always use slide films, maybe others use
print
> film in which case you might not notice any discrepancies at all.

Actually I believe I've heard this (the 2 series screens causing different
meter readings depending on the focal length of the lens) before. Presumably
from someone on the list.

>  This of course renders these screens useless for OM-1 and OM-2.

Not quite as useless on the OM-2, which should give good results in the auto
mode, although the shutter speed displayed in the viewfinder would be
incorrect.

> I'm back with the 1-13 in the OM-1, maybe one day I'll put a 1-4 in it.

Does anyone know if the Beattie screens exhibit this same behavior: different
readings depending upon the focal length of the lens in use?

Paul Schings