Re: [OM] 2-13 screen in an OM-2

Subject: Re: [OM] 2-13 screen in an OM-2
From: "Ulf Westerberg" <ulf.westerberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 19:10:39 +0200
Peter Klein wrote:

>I'd like to hear from anyone who has put the brighter 2-13 screen in an
>OM-1 or OM-2.  Did you like the results?  Was it easier to focus?  Did you
>have any problems with a discrepancy between the manual exposure meter and
>the off-the-film automatic exposure?

I tried the 2-4 (modified tab) on my OM-1n and tested the discrepancies quite
thouroghly. I found that they depended on the focal length of the lens. For
24mm I'd get a certain descrepancy, say -1 (forgotten exactly), for 50mm right
on, for 200mm 1+ etc. I made the tests over and over again as I couldn't
believe my own eyes. I even shot a testroll (slide), oh yes, confirmed
everything.

I'll leave the techie explanation to others on this list but obviously it has
something to do with the angle of the entering light through the screen.

No one else in the list have reported these problems, then I'm very critical
when it comes to exposure and always use slide films, maybe others use print
film in which case you might not notice any discrepancies at all.

This of course renders these screens useless for OM-1 and OM-2. I'm back with
the 1-13 in the OM-1, maybe one day I'll put a 1-4 in it.

Cheers,
Ulf Westerberg
Nature- and Travel Photography at www.start.at/westerberg