Re: [OM] Olympus' Stabilization Method (was "Depth of field ques

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus' Stabilization Method (was "Depth of field ques
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 23:28:19 +0000
Yes, this idea that the body probably absorbs potentially detrimental
vibrations has been discussed before.

Olympus seem to know this as their recommended methodology for long
telephoto lenses is not to use a cable release but to hold and focus/guide
the front barrel with one hand and hold the body with the other and
depress the shutter release with your finger.  They say to treat a tripod
as a device to support the weight, not a stable mount - or words to that
effect.

Giles