[OM] FS: An "Only to Church on Sunday" OM outfit

Subject: [OM] FS: An "Only to Church on Sunday" OM outfit
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 May 2000 02:27:41 -0700
Just like the ideal used car that "was only driven to church on Sunday,"
this For Sale outfit was owned by a 92 year old, former WWII
photographer, who hasn't even been able to pick up the gadget bag in
some time. It is really well cared for and the individual items have
seen very little use.

I bench tested the bodies. Here is what is available:

OM-2S in 9+ (KEH=Ex+) condition, $275. The ONLY wear marks are two paint
chips on the rear door, slight brightening where film box top have been
slid into the holder, and minor coin wear on the chrome battery
compartment cap. Otherwise with a Like New look. The shutter is
remarkably DEAD ON until 1/1000th, where it is still within factory
tolerance. The meter is within 1/3rd stop across its range, so long as
the film speed (or exposure compensation) is set 1/3 stop slower than
actual. Green flash indicator in viewfinder (= non modified).

OM-4 in 9++ (between KEH=LN- and Ex+) condition, $375. The ONLY wear
mark is some noticeable coin wear on the black battery compartment cap.
Otherwise with a Like New look.  (Replace the cover with a preferred
chrome one and its perfectly Like New). The shutter is within factory
tolerance across its range. The meter is within 1/3rd stop across its
range, so long as the film speed (or exposure compensation) is set 1/3
stop slower than actual. Battery drain on idle = 17 ma. Original OM-4
circuit board.

Varimagnifinder in 10- (KEH=LN-) condition with case (also 10-), $135.

Vivitar 5200 Flash with AC Adapter and Olympus TTL-OTF module, $50. In
9+ condition. Has a zoom head with tilt capability, GN 100 (feet), takes
4 AA batteries (not supplied).

Tokina RMC 70-210mm f/4 zoom lens, perhaps in 9 (KEH=Ex) condition
(cosmetically perfect but with slow zoom creep at 45 degree angles or
more), $70.

Tokina AT-X 28-85mm f/3.5~4.5, 10- condition, $150. Another sample of
this lens has SQF results posted on my WWW site. Remarkable lack of
distortion, with SQF grades virtually equal to the heralded Canon FD
lens with the same specs. I decided not to keep it . . . and will
probably regret it.

Olympus 7mm Auto Extension Tube, 10- condition, $40. In velvet lined
box.

First come, first served. Shipping at cost. I have photos I can send to
interested buyers.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV