Re: [OM] on ebay

Subject: Re: [OM] on ebay
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 22:04:55 +0000
I was responding to Gary's intimation that the list was missing out on
good stuff because of a perception on his part that there was a consensus
that the list should "remain free of postings from full-time dealers."

Ebay was not mentioned so I am not sure whether he meant Ebay notification
posts or straight for sale notices.

I thought that if he was not offering stuff to the list for sale, but
taking it to Ebay instead, that we would be better off if he offered it to
the list first.

I am still not in favour of Ebay notification posts in general and also
like the status quo in that regard

However, perhaps if others would like to relax the no Ebay announcements
consensus then restricting them to a given day would be the best approach
as you suggest.

Giles