Re: [OM] on ebay -Reply

Subject: Re: [OM] on ebay -Reply
From: Scott Nelson <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 14:12:09 -0400
Ebay now only allows feedback between the winner and the seller in an auction
that completed successfully (met reserve). This is so-called "transactional
feedback." eBay asked for suggestions on improving their system a while back,
and enough sellers expressed displeasure with feedbacks coming from non-winners,
that this was adopted. I believe this was the same time eBay changed it's fee
structure and policy toward reserve price auctions in attempt to address buyer's
concerns (e.g. reserve prices were making bargains harder and harder to find).
In general, eBay still favors the seller, since they pay the commissions (IMHO).

>>> "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx> 05/01/00 09:19am >>>
Yes, if you got burned, it's important you reflect that in his feedback.  If
you negotiated a price after the auction closed, after not making his
reserve, it's possible eBay won't allow you to leave any kind of feedback.
Is this true?

John  Hermanson
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Ln.  Huntington NY 11743-4714