Re: [OM] advice: print or slide, ultimately to go on PhotoCD

Subject: Re: [OM] advice: print or slide, ultimately to go on PhotoCD
From: Sean Chan <Sean.Chan@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 15:48:39 +0900
Hello all,

> Prints/Slides? Acer asks.  Good question.
>
> To be honest I've seldom shot negs that weren't disappointing.
>
> On the other hand chromes are less than perfect--often a hassle to view and
> expensive to print.

I agree with Glen. I'm now an exclusively E-6 shooter. I truly avoid
C-41
at all costs with the exception of Chromogenics (ok...I'm also a lazy,
so
I have no time for true home darkroom B&W and commercial B&W D&P is
expensive).

The colours for slides are simply unbelievable for general scenic
photography - but as Glen mentioned be warned for portrait photography
'cos it will pick up everything (skin blemishes, etc.). Maybe you can
use filters to soften and other tricks but I'm not a filters' kinda
guy too - only UV/Skylight...nothing else.

More specifically to digital photography, why not look at getting a film
scanner?? I had the impression PhotoCD is a dying standard.

Sean
--
Sean Chan         Sean.Chan@xxxxxxxx       http://www.msdw.co.jp
EI/UNIX IT Dept.  +81 3 5424-4318 (W)        +81 3 5424-4399 (F)