[OM] advice: print or slide, ultimately to go on PhotoCD

Subject: [OM] advice: print or slide, ultimately to go on PhotoCD
From: Acer V <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 20:34:28 -0700 (PDT)
Hi. I'm about to quit getting prints and scanning those on a flatbed. From
now on, PhotoCD (anyone know of older versions of PhotoShop available
used?). So, given that ultimately the images are going to to onto a
PhotoCD, then web display, is there a reason to shoots slides or
prints? Slide means less latitude. It would be nice to project them, but
will it be worth it to stick to print for the added information they'd
hold? The really nice negs will get printed on photo paper from the CD or
into photographic prints, really nice slides will be made into Cibas, or
again, inkjet prints. I don't mind cost since I don't shoot all that
often.

Slide or Print? If print, suggestions for films (will Kodak scan Fuji as
well as their own films?) Thanks.

/Acer V
--
If you can kick it, it's hardware.