[OM] Great E-site's on Maitani

Subject: [OM] Great E-site's on Maitani
From: "Samuel Morales" <dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 23:44:14 -0500
It was nice to see those nice e-sites on Maitani.  Shows dedication and love
for the great design and contributions by the master himself.

I wonder what he truly thinks the direction Olympus is headed in.

In one of the sites it stated that Maitani was an amateur photographer,
which invites me to ask an interesting question.  What is the difference
between a professional photographer versus an amateur photographer? (other
than obvious)
Could Maitani qualify as a Pro with his credentials?

Didn't Vincent VanGough pass away without ever selling a painting?  So does
the mere fact that one does not need to sell something to qualify as a Pro,
or does he/she?

Sam...