[OM] 50mm f1.4 lens mount

Subject: [OM] 50mm f1.4 lens mount
From: "Gregg" <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 00:16:58 -0400
Hi all,

I have a question about the mount end of the 50mm 1.4 lens.  My older 1.4
has over time become more and more sluggish in returning to an open
aperture.  It isn't the blades.  They are oil free and snap back when the
mount end of the lens is removed.  Something seems to be rubbing near the
lens mount under the part held down with three screws.  I have tried
cleaning the sliding mechanisms and installing them dry, and have also tried
used graphite.  So far nothing seems to work.

Is the mount end of  the 1.8 the same?  Could I pick up  a cheap 1.8 and
swap out the parts that seem to have become a little worn?  I don't want to
stop using this lens if possible as I like the way photos look when I use
it, even if it is SC and UGLY.

Gregg

Check out this site if you want to speed up your connection!
http://i.winfire.com/s/isapiEng.dll/wf.exe?cmd=rl&672,60018669&wf.exe