Re: [OM] Great E-site's on Maitani

Subject: Re: [OM] Great E-site's on Maitani
From: "Dirk and Carla Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 18:26:53 +0000
>In one of the sites it stated that Maitani was an amateur photographer,
>which invites me to ask an interesting question.  What is the difference
>between a professional photographer versus an amateur photographer? (other
>than obvious)
>Could Maitani qualify as a Pro with his credentials?

No. Usually, a "pro" makes a living from his work, an amateur does not. It
has nothing to do with skill, creativity, etc. Many amateurs are more
skilled than pros, they simply choose to do something else for a living,
sometimes because they like the freedom of shooting whatever they like
rather than being given an assignment.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright