RE: [OM] Great E-site's on Maitani

Subject: RE: [OM] Great E-site's on Maitani
From: "Ron Spolarich" <caesar2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 07:50:22 -0400
Sam stated:

> There are pro's-out there that claim a pro-should never point out his
> mistakes to a client. (I wondered to myself, is this behavior considered
> not  being honest or is it considered being insecure or covering up)
>
> They claim that most people won't notice, but once you point it
> out, that's
> all they will notice and will devalue your photo.
>
> His best advice is to always say I would like to do a retake.

You must have read the same article that appeared in Pop Photo.  I agree
entirely with the author.  It has nothing to do with trying to hide
something.  Hide what?  Let the work stand on its own.  If the client likes
what they see so be it. (As if I had any clients! <g>)  Why denigrate your
talent?  Self-criticism should be internalized.

RonS