RE: [OM] Thanks from the New Guy with Old Questions!

Subject: RE: [OM] Thanks from the New Guy with Old Questions!
From: "Dave Bulger" <dbulger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 14:02:16 -0500
> Well, I got the camera last night...it's an OM-2n.   It's in beautiful
> condition; unmarred except for the usual bright marks above
> the strap lugs
> and a couple of very light scratches on the base plate.  I
> don't even think
> the tripod socket's ever been threaded!    The camera optics
> look swell.
> The lens, a 50mm f1.8, is in pretty decent shape (near mint
> cosmetically)
> except for some interior dust.  Since I don't normally use a
> "normal" lens
> anyway (it seems that most situations call for either a
> moderate wide angle
> or a short tele), I plan to augment the 50 with a 28 or 35
> and an 85 or 100
> or whatever.  PLEASE suggest some appropriate Zuiko optics,
> if you would.

Craig,

You'll probably get many opinions on what lenses to buy -- the final
decision will be up to you.  Both the 85 and the 100 are excellent lenses,
with the 100/2 my personal favorite in the telephoto category.

Re the wide angles, lessee.  I originally (many, many years ago) bought the
35.  Decided it was too long, sold it and bought the 28.  Decided it was too
long and bought the 24.  I'm currently enjoying it but I can see a time when
I'll want the 21 as well.  35mm is too close to 50mm for me.  I'd suggest
the 24.

Dave