Re: [OM] One last question

Subject: Re: [OM] One last question
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 13:58:25 +0200
Yo Tom,

on Tue, 4 Apr 2000 00:11:41 -0500, you wrote:

>I have a user 4T where the leather (vinyl?) on one side of the front has
>completely come off.  I have the piece, I am just curious as to how to best
>reattach it.  Thoughts?

Here's what I have successfully done:

1) peel off the old adhesive from the back of the leatherette

2) clean back of the leatherette and part of the camera where the
leatherette is to go with naphtha (lighter fluid)

3) use rubber cement to reattach the leatherette, applying a THIN, EVEN
(especially important along the edges) coat of cement to both surfaces,
allowing to dry for a few minutes, and then pressing together (you don't
need to use a lot of force - as you usually would with that kind of contact
cement - because there won't be any considerable mechanical strain on the
bond with all it has to hold being that piece of leatherette)

I find that the most tedious part in the entire process is usually the
cleaning.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--