Re: [OM] Re NASA lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Re NASA lens
From: Acer V <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 23:05:42 -0700 (PDT)
>>>The OM-4/180-2.8 camera/lens combos were destined for use in the Space
Shuttle.  That doesn't mean that they were meant to be taken
OUTSIDE.  Remember, there's air in them thaar shuttles.   So your points
hold true as long as you don't take the equipment outside into the OPEN
cargo bay or on an EVA.  It will work find for shots through the windows,
or inside the shuttle cabin, or in the CLOSED cargo bay<<<

So, what were they taking pictures of? Was it inside the shuttle (think
not given the minumum focus and large focal length) or outside? In which
case, the vacuum/glass thing still holds. Then why the 180/2.8? Then can I
see pics of some shots? I know, I ask a lot of questions, but when there
/is/ something in my capabilities, I do it soon (loony 4 image, filter
degrad image, various lens bokeh (more coming up) etc) :) Thanks,

/Acer V
--
http://student.ucr.edu/~siddim01/