Re: [OM] Disappointment...

Subject: Re: [OM] Disappointment...
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 07:41:20 EDT
>Tom,
>
>One more thing I forgot to add.  Do not attempt to use TTL Flash.  It
>just does not work that great in a studio where light  can bounce in
>many different directions making an even exposure impossible.  Get a
>flash meter and take multiple readings on areas of the subjects face
and
>eyes.  You can also use a gray card right in front of the face.  A
flash
>meter is an essential part of any studio work. Forget TTL Flash.  Get
>good flash meter.  Then you can use any OM body including the your old
>OM1.

yes, that's exactly correct. TTL is only good for on-camera flash, in
my opinion. There is no way you can determine light ratios and things
like the amount of hairlight on a portrait for example with TTL. You
need umbrellas, soft boxes, stands, and a good selection of manually
controllable flash units like Sunpak to get good results in a studio
setting. I good polaroid camera with flash sync is a plus, but I never
used one.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright