Re: [OM] A Question about Oly Gallery submissions

Subject: Re: [OM] A Question about Oly Gallery submissions
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 08:18:41 -0700
At 10:27 PM 3/24/00 -0600, Steve Goss wrote:

[snip]

>If he is making a submission to the gallery, that means that He's a subscriber
>to the list, right?  If he is subscribed under the pseudonym and posts messages
>under that pseudonym, then for all intents and purposes that would be his
>identity amoung us.  I would not have a problem with him continuing to use the
>pseudonym under those circumstances.

He may indeed be a subscriber to the List (you certainly don't have to be in
order to find the Gallery -- it's in the search engines, after all), but I've
never seen the pseudonym post here ever.  Unless, of course, he's using
*another* pseudonym...  ;-)

>Just adopting a pseudonym for submitting to the gallery could set a precedent
>that could create more problems than it solves.

Yeah, I know.  I'm going to mull it over during the weekend.

>Either way you go, it's your call.  Thanks for the effort to maintain the
>gallery.

You're welcome.

>Steve Goss, Dallas Tx usa
>Which might, for interests of anonymity, be a pseudomym for Pope John Paul II.
>(Hey, nobody has seen us together...)

That's ... true ... actually ...  hmmm...

Garth