Re: [OM] Pentax ZX-5N -- the new OM4T?

Subject: Re: [OM] Pentax ZX-5N -- the new OM4T?
From: "John Pendley" <jpendley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 21:29:17 -0500
Hello All,
I spent two or three happy hours today in a small, one-man camera shop (a
rarity in Atlanta, GA).  I was playing with the Pentax ZX-5n all the while.
It is indeed very light (40.? oz.) and dainty.  Despite all the plastic, the
camera has a precision feel to me (plastic/solid--oxymoron?).  I was
*especially* taken with the quiet, very well damped mirror action.  There is
no mirror lockup, but after many years of Leica experience, and some fewer
years w/Nikon, I think I could prop myself in a doorframe, handhold this
camera at 1/30 and get a sharp image--even with my advanced years.  I found
the method of changing exposure modes especially elegant.  With the f-stop
set to its smallest opening and the shutter speed dial on A, you're in
Program.  Move the shutter speed dial to any number (not A) and you're in
shutter priority.  Leave it on A, and move the f-stop ring to f-8, say, and
you're in aperture priority.  Move both, you're in manual.  Oly rules for
considered, set up shots, (my kind of photography) but for a "grab shot"
camera w/zoom lens, I like it.  And it's cheap.
Regards,
John