Re: [OM] tripods!

Subject: Re: [OM] tripods!
From: MorrisMini@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 10:17:39 EST
Dirk wrote:

<< I would much rather have a "system" tripod, where I can mix and match

heads and legs.  The head on the tiltall is not removable, at least not
easily.>>

Yeah, that's true.  I changed mine over to a B-1 Arca Swiss (having a machine
shop at home certainly helped there) and Really Right Stuff plates, so I have
the solidity of the Tiltall legs and connecting platform along with the
versatility of a ball head and quick release.  I can see where the original
camera securing method would be problematic.

A tiny OM camera with a 40mm f/2 does look a bit silly on that massive
device, but overkill is not a bad thing.  When you change over to a 300 with
a 1.4X it becomes quite appropriate.

-Tim Clark