Re: [OM] A few small observations

Subject: Re: [OM] A few small observations
From: "Gregg" <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 20:03:16 -0500
From: Tom Scales

> Well, I just got back into town after 10 days to a bonanza and, no I won't
> go into the details and bore everyone.  I've spent the evening focusing on
> getting a feel for three pieces of equipment and was curious of other's
> opinions.

Glad you are back home, Tom.

<snip>
Adjust shutter and aperture until the needle is centered.  Take picture.  On
the 3 (and the 4 for that
> matter), you are relying on an LED display that is hard to read. Oh, I get
more information, like the shutter speed, in the viewfinder, but I have to
squint to read it, even if I turn on the light.  On the 1, it was just
easier.  Comments/thoughts? Maybe I'm just a diehard 1 fan, but I'm
struggling with the 3.  Maybe a good thing, as my investment in a nice 1n
would certainly be less.

Let me check it out for you, maybe something is wrong with it. <g>
Actually, it could be that you need to adjust the diopter thingy on the
viewfinder.  When it is not quite right it can cause an eye strain.  On
another vein of thought, compare using the 1 with either the 3/4 in low
light situations.  Having the light for the viewfinder is great in those
situations.  Before, I had to guess or give up.