Re: [OM] Lens Advice Please (90mm or 100mm reasonably priced)

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Advice Please (90mm or 100mm reasonably priced)
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 22:09:03 -0500 (EST)
  I do not have the 100/2 (yet), but have the 85/2 and 100/2.8. [I also
have 85/1.8 in Nikkor and 105/2.5 currently, I also had a 105/1.8
that I sold]. IMO, sharpness isn't the biggest of concerns (unless you are
photographing supermodels) when it comes to portraiture. In a studio,
bokeh is usually not an issue either.  It definitely becomes one in
environmental portraiture. I love the 85/2 Zuiko for that use. There's
quite a difference in portrait perspective between 85 & 100mm. Contrary
to popular opinion, a 90-100 macro can be useful in a studio, and
there's a lot of potential for unusual portraits there. Years ago I did a
portrait of a lady who thought she had outstanding ears. Yes, ears.
Well, when she pulled her hair back, it turned out she was right, and we
ended up doing a close-up portrait that showed her hears to great
advantage. She was very pleased.
  Macros in that focal length are great if you do beauty product
shots, too.
                              *= Doris Fang =*