[OM] Re: Handholding the 300 (was "experience with Sigma APO" etc.)

Subject: [OM] Re: Handholding the 300 (was "experience with Sigma APO" etc.)
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:18:56 -0600
Giles,
Congrats on your success with the 300 handheld.  I think some of this may
depend on how close the subject of interest is to infinity focus, since in
that case distance becomes your friend in maintaining sharpness.

I have some handhelds with the 300 of Ken Norton's famous buffalo.  About a
half dozen shots, me standing in the open prairie, ASA 400 film at about
1/500 sec at approximately f8 or f11.  Only one had really acceptable
sharpness :-(

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA