Re: [OM] experience with Sigma APO 400/5.6 & 70-210/2.8?

Subject: Re: [OM] experience with Sigma APO 400/5.6 & 70-210/2.8?
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 03:51:03 EST

> t's a little late to ask about these lenses since I've already acquired
>  them (great deal, maybe a DFGSS).  Both seem well-made and crisp through
>  the viewfinder.  The 400/5.6 is remarkably compact, barely longer and
>  apparently no heavier than my Zuiko 300/4.5.  Has Sigma quality improved
>  from their old reputation?  Anyone have experience with these two
>  lenses?

I had the prior model of the Sigma 400/5.6 before the APO model. I compared
it to my 300/4.5 with 1.4 extender. The Sigma had more contrast and sharpness
wide open but this advantage almost disappeared 2 stops from wide open.
Unfortunately the 1.4X will not fit on the Sigma or I might have kept it. The
weighty Tamron 400/4 was the Sigma's replacement though.

Warren