RE: [OM] experience with Sigma APO 400/5.6 & 70-210/2.8?

Subject: RE: [OM] experience with Sigma APO 400/5.6 & 70-210/2.8?
From: sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 13:55:04 GMT
I have the 400mm Sigma - 72mm filter, tripod ring, finished in what I think
Sigma call "Zen" - an easily-scuffed matt black. It's not heavy to hold, but
a bit dark to focus through sometimes. I've managed to get some reasonable
shots with it:

http://www.mawddwy.freeserve.co.uk/rymer.htm
http://www.mawddwy.freeserve.co.uk/vincent.htm
http://www.mawddwy.freeserve.co.uk/vincent2.htm

All are motorbike racing shots, using 200/400asa negative film. Not
necessarily the best subject for deciding lens performance. I've been happy
with the 10x8" prints I've had done, but since these kind of pics don't have
areas of fine detail (which is the kind of thing that would sort wheat from
chaff), I can only say that what it's done, it's done competently well.
Half stops on the aperture ring are quite handy too.

Simon E.