RE: [OM] Om to Digital

Subject: RE: [OM] Om to Digital
From: atk@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: 11 Mar 2000 17:08:21 -0000
I would doubt it -- I can't see how you would autofocus with the OM lenses.

I suspect this issue is a big reason why Olympus doesn't make a digital
camera for the om system. Now they could take the same optical formulae
used in the om lenses and produce autofocus lenses from them but that
wouldn't help anyone on the list.

Lets face it there is not much money in a manual focus digital camera and
given the cost of research (and rapid change in the digital world) probably
no profits.

While profits aren't everything it does have an impact on corporate decisions.

Don't take me wrong -- I would love to see a digital camera with the grace of
an OM body I just think the comments about Olympus lack of desire to produce
such a beast are rather harsh and unreasonable.