Re: [OM] Oly remotes

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly remotes
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 15:02:10 +0100
On Wed, 8 Mar 2000 07:31:48 EST, Pauls0627@xxxxxxx wrote:

>In a message dated 03/08/2000 7:29:19 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
>> > Erm, ITYM "2.5mm jack plug", which don't get used that often on stereo
>>  > gear because they've only got 2 connections (need 3 for stereo).
>>
>>  They make 2.5mm phono plugs in stereo now.  The Canon EOS[1] bodies use a
>>  stereo (3 wire) version for their electronic shutter release, giving
>>  separate "focus" and "fire" controls.
>
>Actually, I believe the Olympus M Quartz Remote Controller has a stereo jack.
>According to the descriptions I've read, the extra contact is used by the MD2
>and provides some sort of exposure confirmation display on the remote
>control. Perhaps a frame counter? Does anyone have an M Quartz Remote Control
>and an MD2 to confirm this?
>
>Paul Schings

The exposure confirmation signal from the MD2 is returned to the
Quartz Controller through the attached cord (with 2.5mm stereo plug,
taken by the MD 2).

The M Quartz Controller jack takes the 2.5 mm mono plug on the cord of
the TM2 timer.

I quote from the e-SIF:
The Timer Jack near the Motor Drive Cord accepts the
optionally available Olympus Program Timer TM-2 (not
part of the OM System). With this unit the programmable
interval can be increased from 24 hours to one week
per frame, for environment observations over an
extended period.

For a picture of my timer see:
http://www.veluwen.demon.nl/om-sif/motordrivegroup/remote_controller.htm

Frank van Lindert