Re: [OM] Oly remotes

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly remotes
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 09:40:50 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, John Palmer wrote:

> I made a dirt-cheap and robust remote release for a Winder 2 years ago. IIRC
> the Winder socket is a standard 4mm jack plug, used on all sorts of stereo
> gear.

Erm, ITYM "2.5mm jack plug", which don't get used that often on stereo
gear because they've only got 2 connections (need 3 for stereo).  They
used to be used on portable cassette recorders to control the motor from
a switch on the microphone.  They're still readily available for about
45p each (in UK money) - I bought a couple recently for my (slowly)
ongoing project to couple a pair of -2S(p)s together for stereo.

Incidentally, they are also used on my Sun
Pak Auto 30 SR for the flash end of the PC cord, which made building a
long extension cable for it really simple.  One day soon I'll do the
same thing for a winder with a push button switch.

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |