Re: [OM] Oly remotes

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly remotes
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 08 Mar 2000 21:49:25 +1000
"Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the 'Net
and spake thusly:

> On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, John Palmer wrote:
>
> > I made a dirt-cheap and robust remote release for a Winder 2 years ago. IIRC
> > the Winder socket is a standard 4mm jack plug, used on all sorts of stereo
> > gear.
>
> Erm, ITYM "2.5mm jack plug", which don't get used that often on stereo
> gear because they've only got 2 connections (need 3 for stereo).

They make 2.5mm phono plugs in stereo now.  The Canon EOS[1] bodies use a
stereo (3 wire) version for their electronic shutter release, giving
separate "focus" and "fire" controls.

cjb

[1] No, I haven't gone to the dark side.  A cow-orker has an EOS 500n.
--
It's boring being a program when your only job is inserting a random .sig.
Muggins thinks I've put his .sig here, won't he be surprised...