Re: [OM] Oly remotes

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly remotes
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 07:31:48 EST
In a message dated 03/08/2000 7:29:19 AM Eastern Standard Time,
chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> > Erm, ITYM "2.5mm jack plug", which don't get used that often on stereo
>  > gear because they've only got 2 connections (need 3 for stereo).
>
>  They make 2.5mm phono plugs in stereo now.  The Canon EOS[1] bodies use a
>  stereo (3 wire) version for their electronic shutter release, giving
>  separate "focus" and "fire" controls.

Actually, I believe the Olympus M Quartz Remote Controller has a stereo jack.
According to the descriptions I've read, the extra contact is used by the MD2
and provides some sort of exposure confirmation display on the remote
control. Perhaps a frame counter? Does anyone have an M Quartz Remote Control
and an MD2 to confirm this?

Paul Schings