RE: [OM] Marketing Ploy / User OM-4 -Reply

Subject: RE: [OM] Marketing Ploy / User OM-4 -Reply
From: Dave Bulger <dbulger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 16:15:42 -0600
On Sunday, March 05, 2000 2:43 PM, Buddy Walters
[SMTP:IRBWalters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> Tom,
> What is your purpose of this post?
> You state;
> .."Anybody...(interested in them)?"
> ..."That means my....4T.. will be for sale when I get it back.
> ..."I've gotten flush with bodies again."
>
> We do not need to be told EVERY time you make a purchase, receive your
new
> toys or are trying to decide if you want to keep what you just bought.
> If you think you are going to manipulate and use this list with your
sneaky
> little marketing ploy.  You sir, are wrong.
> Either honor this list, OR GET OFF!

Buddy,

Gotta disagree with you here.  Not too long ago Tom had made a comment
regarding posting too much to the list re his acquisitions, and was told by
numerous people that his posts were welcome despite being jealousy
inspiring.

Further, I believe the list as a whole has decided that we want and
appreciate offers of equipment to the list prior to being sold on eBay.
 While the majority of sellers on the list do it annually or biannually,
Tom gets to do it weekly due to his buying frenzy.  Again, it's jealousy
inspiring for me personally, but ol' Tom has turned himself into an
excellent source of lots & lots of OM stuff.  I think that's a good thing.

IMO, with the high percentage of total posts to the list having to do with
metrics, SUVs, politics, etc., Tom IS honoring the list by posting not only
OM content, but OM stuff for sale, which I think we all want.

Sheesh!

Dave