RE: [OM] OT Metric system, was Better Flash recs ...

Subject: RE: [OM] OT Metric system, was Better Flash recs ...
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 09:35:30 -0500
Virtually all manufacturing today is using metric, US or otherwise.
The biggest problem, as I recall, in going to metric was the resistance from
"the home".
"It'll mess up my recipes", etc.  The problem is either our own stubbornness
or our stupidity!
Metric is MUCH better!

Brian P. Huber

Troy, OH
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx

I have heard that part of the problem in the US has to do with retooling all
the machines.  If we were to switch it would mean dual tools, one set to
work on yesterdays machinery and another to work on new machines.  If our
country were much smaller the cost would be greatly reduced.

I teach very little of the old english measurements, but if they are not
taught, then the students are unprepared for daily life.