Re: [OM] OT Metric system, was Better Flash recs ...

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Metric system, was Better Flash recs ...
From: "Gregg" <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 22:44:52 -0500
I have heard that part of the problem in the US has to do with retooling all
the machines.  If we were to switch it would mean dual tools, one set to
work on yesterdays machinery and another to work on new machines.  If our
country were much smaller the cost would be greatly reduced.

I teach very little of the old english measurements, but if they are not
taught, then the students are unprepared for daily life.

Because something is better does not necessarily mean it will catch on.  Our
standard keyboard was designed to slow down typing speed so the keys
wouldn't get tangled.  We know of faster keyboards, but who plans on
retraining all of those who already type the *old* way?  It isn't hard to
switch the keyboards anymore, just pop off some key covers and change the
control panel.  A small company can change and update easier than a large
one can

Gregg