RE: [OM] RE: great find today! WAS Adorama purchase experience

Subject: RE: [OM] RE: great find today! WAS Adorama purchase experience
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 13:32:43 +0000
At 16:36 2/26/00 , Ron Spolarich wrote:
>Well said and defended p.j!  Barry also expressed exactly my sentiments.
>BTW:  I could be mistaken but I believe Adorama has never gotten high marks
>for "ethical" behavior in the photo newsgroups. (or was that Cambridge
>Camera?)

One of the better sources of information about the reputation various major
camera dealers have is in Phil Greenspun's "neighbor-to-neighbor" database.
 Following is the URL for the portion on camera stores:
  http://www.photo.net/neighbor/one-subcategory.tcl?id=2

On the balance, Adorama appears to have a decent reputation.  Contrast this
with the entries for three others:  B&H, Cambridge and Smile.  Nobody can
keep everyone happy all the time, but with as many entries as there are for
some of the major houses you can judge for yourself who has their heart in
customer satisfaction and who doesn't!

BTW Dave, you expressed my sentiments exactly.  The psycho-babble terms are
"internal" and "external locus of control" which are used to describe
actions driven by personal values or by the observed actions of others in
similar situations.  We all use some of both.  What differs is how much
weight is given to each before taking action in a given situation.

-- John