[OM] Prices from the 70's

Subject: [OM] Prices from the 70's
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 11:29:23 EST
I'm selling a huge old filing cabinet and found a treasure trove of goodies
from the 70's. From 75-79 I taught for the US Army in Nuremburg, W. Germany
and had PX priviledges...needless to say, i enjoyed it immensely. As my stay
came to a close I was downright rabid, grabbing every little thing I could
afford for my OM setup and my Dad's...
Today i found a packet where I had bound up a bunch receipts, and it's been
interesting to see what i paid "way back when".

here are some examples:
9-77 OM2 black               $265.00 body only
11-77 Zuik 75-150 zoom     180.00
2/78 Zuik 24mm f2.8          140.00
9/77 50mm f1.4                   77.00
12/77 winder 1                     84.00
Oly 310 flash                        81.00

the rest were all in '77:
case                                   13.30
focusing screen 1-13              7.50
Viv polarizer filter                   8.80
Soligar polarizer filter             4.70
Viv green filter                        3.90
Viv green filter                        3.90
Viv ext tubes                          16.50
Oly lens cap                           1.80
TTL auto cord .6mm                10.30
Kodak EktachromeX 135-36      3.30
Oly Varimagnifier                    54.00
bounce grip                            58.80
remote sensor                        41.00
Viv 28mm f2.5 screw mount     71.40
   for Pentax
Viv 75-205 zoom  2-ring           136.50
Oly rubber lens hood                   2.48
Viv ext tubes                             33.60
Kenko cross screen filter              2.15

Tho they seem so low now, back then (on a schoolteacher's salary....and while
trying to travel to EVERY country and use hundreds of rolls of film  <g> ) it
seemed astronomicall
Susan Steele
Amherst, VA USA