Re: RE :[OM] EXTENSION FOR 20mm MACRO

Subject: Re: RE :[OM] EXTENSION FOR 20mm MACRO
From: "Daan Kalmeijer" <daank@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 13:55:24 +0100
Frank,

>Physically these short macros could be mounted to the camera body, but
>you won't be able to focus...
>I wonder how you dit it - maybe you stopped the lens down to f16 or
>f22 and got some kind of image.
>
>They need either the auto 65-116mm extension tube, or the bellows (or
>any other extension of at least 50mm, if I remember well)

It would be possible to focus, just not to change the focus (extension).
This way you have a fixed focus macro lens. It is usual to focus these
lenses by moving the whole rig, not just by changing the extension.

I'd think a 20 mm lens at a distance of aprox. 80 mm from the film (lens
mounted on body without extension) should give even more than 1:3
magnification. These lenses should'nt be retrofocus type lenses!

Daan