[OM] Bokeh revisited

Subject: [OM] Bokeh revisited
From: Olaf Greve <Ogreve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 13:44:55 +0100
Hi,

> It's just a theory.

Giles, you were certainly not far off in your description. Indeed the shape
of the diafragm has a lot to do with the shape of the highlights you get,
and indeed there's more to this whole bokeh thing than just the shape and
amount of these blades.

During one of the list's previous bokeh discussions, a link to a PDF file
was posted. That PDF file discusses bokeh in great detail and it also states
what the authors perceive as explanations for good bokeh and bad bokeh.

I don't have the URL to that document anymore, BUT I downloaded it at the
time, and I have now put it up on my own site for all of you to download
(it's only 330KB). So, if you want to read it, go get it @:
http://www.web-wizards.com/olympus/techdocs/bokeh.pdf

Enjoy!
Olafo