Re: RE :[OM] EXTENSION FOR 20mm MACRO

Subject: Re: RE :[OM] EXTENSION FOR 20mm MACRO
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 09:16:00 +0100
Cc: md@xxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 9 Feb 2000 19:23:59 -0500 (EST), Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>> Along these lines, does the 38/2.8 short mount mate with the body
>> cleanly or does it require an extension tube?  Emerging macro junkie
>> wants to know. ;-D
>
>Both the 20/2.0 and 38/2.8 can mount directly to a body.  The 38mm seems
>to give about 1.5:1 magnification without extension and the 20mm about
>3:1 (as a rough estimate, I didn't take any actual measurements).
>                               -mark

I think you are wrong, Mark.

Physically these short macros could be mounted to the camera body, but
you won't be able to focus...
I wonder how you dit it - maybe you stopped the lens down to f16 or
f22 and got some kind of image.

They need either the auto 65-116mm extension tube, or the bellows (or
any other extension of at least 50mm, if I remember well)

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.