Re: RE :[OM] EXTENSION FOR 20mm MACRO

Subject: Re: RE :[OM] EXTENSION FOR 20mm MACRO
From: Frank van Lindert <franklin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 20:50:11 +0100
I stand corrected, Daan - just tried it and both lenses do give an
image without extension tube. The built-in extension of these lenses
is longer than I thought.
I have the impression that the image is less sharp in the corners when
mounted immediately to the camera. Could that be the reason that
Olympus only mentions their use with bellows or auto-tube?

Frank .

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000 13:55:24 +0100, "Daan Kalmeijer" <daank@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>It does fit but it could be that the 38/2.8 hasn't got a large enough image
>circle for use without extension. I'll have to check on that.
>
>Daan

and: