Re: [OM] fill flash question

Subject: Re: [OM] fill flash question
From: "Dirk and Carla Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 09:48:34 +0000
>Normal Auto.
>If htere is a f4 setting on the flash, do not use it. It will be correctly
>(1:1) exposed at this value. Select it to f2 or f1.4. These settings
>actually make the flash more sensitive, as it expects some light reflection
>from further away. These are two or three stops from a 1:1 fill ratio.

Thanks Foxy, that's another way to control flash output of a non-ttl normal
auto flash. I even think that a combination of altering the film speed and
f-stop on the flash can give you a lot of options for output control.
Actually, I think that your method of selecting a wider aperture would be
more easy to remember, since the relationship between the f stop and light
output would vary by the power of 2, rather than the SQRT of 2 with the film
speed.

So, let's see, if I have iso 100 film in the camera at F4, and set the flash
film speed dial to "200", and flash f stop to "F2.8", what do I get???
(besides a big headache!)<g>

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright