Re: [OM] fill flash question

Subject: Re: [OM] fill flash question
From: "Dirk and Carla Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 09:56:45 +0000
>    Exactly. But when fill-flashing, you're usually going to have some
>contrast between the ambient and the flash (the reason most people resort
>to fill-flash in the first place). The flash --- unless the subject fills
>the frame --- will read the light reflecting from the subject, AND the
>background as well. The difference in contrast is exactly what often fools
>the flash into a wrong exposure.

yes, I agree. The only real reason I'm asking all these questions is at
least partly because I read somewhere that it is a good idea to use fill
flash for just about everything that is reasonably close. (everything except
landscapes) The added light from the fill flash enhances colors and shape in
the subject, according to what I read, and makes it stand out from the rest
of the picture. Of course, this assumes that there *is* a "subject"
somewhere in the middle of the frame, I think, and I guess you may not
*want* the subject to stand out from the rest of the photo, depending on
who/what/it was the victim/subject.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright