Re: [OM] fill flash question

Subject: Re: [OM] fill flash question
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 10:50:51 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Dirk and Carla Wright wrote:

> Thanks Foxy, that's another way to control flash output of a non-ttl normal
> auto flash. I even think that a combination of altering the film speed and
> f-stop on the flash can give you a lot of options for output control.

    Yes, and if the subject is filling thr frame fairly well, it will
probably work (as long as the reflectance is averaging 18 0rey, which
it almost never does). Reflective-reading based fill flash has all the
problems of all reflective systems. Only distance-based systems can
yield precise and accurate results.
  Worse, it is exactly in the backlit sort of situation that fill
makes the most sense in, that a reflected-based fill system is likely
to fail.
                                *= Doris Fang =*