Re: [OM] Tamron SP 95/2.5

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron SP 95/2.5
From: Barks <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 21:48:28 +0000
On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Dirk Wright wrote:

> >Does the list have any opinion about these?  Obviously, I'd prefer the
> >genuine Zuiko article, but those are a little too pricey for me.
>
> Ian, I believe it has outstanding MTF curves. Check out the photodo web
> site for more details.

OK, I'll do that (not yet visited that site in fact).  I'm asking
because there's a used one being advertised by a dealer in Amateur
Photographer for a reasonable (sub-100UKP) price which might be worth
investigating further.

Then again someone on this list was considering selling one, and it now
seems like they might have two potential buyers (damn!).

I've decided that a fast-ish portrait-length lens might be a useful
addition to my armoury for head shots of musicians in some of my usual
haunts.

--

I am using a converted teleconverter (I have taken the glass out) with a 85/2 and I think the results are good. I suppose the 85/2 is a little pricey though.

Chris

~~~~~ ><>
Chris Barker
mailto:cmib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx