Re: [OM] OT What to do with all those negatives

Subject: Re: [OM] OT What to do with all those negatives
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 28 Jan 2000 08:10:14 +1000
Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the 'Net and
spake thusly:

(for values of "you" approaching "bsandyman@xxxxxxxxx")
> At 05:54 AM 1/27/2000 -0800, you wrote:
> >How does the experienced Zuikoholic store, categorize,
> >keep for eternity those precious negs?
>
> I put them in polypropylene sleeves, date them, ID them (camera type,
> memo), then put them in a three ring binder labeled by year.

Ditto.    Except I use 4 rings. :-)

Plus I keep the roll IDs, subjects and info in a computer
database.  The database I wrote can hold info (including digital
images) for every frame if you're anal enough to enter it (I'm
generally not), plus a full equipment manifest (great for insurance).
In theory I can say "show me all the images taken with my 900mm f/1.2
lens in 1997".

cjb

--
| Christopher J. Biggs -|- R & D Software Engineer --  Stallion Technologies |
| chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx -|- If it isn't broken, I just haven't touched it yet |