[OM] 50/1.4 optical formulae

Subject: [OM] 50/1.4 optical formulae
From: Joseph <joseph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 14:18:20 -0800 (PST)
====================
Before ask my first message concerning the Zuiko 50mm f 1.4 optical
formula, I watch (one more time) the different diagrams (overall designs)
showed by Olympus of this lens from the first time to the last time and I
donīt see differences on the optical formula.
====================

You can't necessarily tell by looking at these diagrams.  John H. would
know if different replacement elements are needed.  Olympus USA
told me there are 3 versions of the 50/1.4 -- original optical design,
single-coated, original optical design, multi-coated, and later
optical design, multicoated.  I don't consider Olympus USA to be
100% reliable on info like this though as I've gotten contradictory
info from them at different times.  nonetheless, I've owned 2 different
50/1.4's-- a multicoated one that was very good in performance, and
a single coated one that I found lacking.  There was more than the
coating that was different, that's for sure.  that is all the evidence
I have about these lenses.  draw your own conclusions.

Joseph