Re: [OM] Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 15:11:35 EST
In a message dated 01/23/2000 2:08:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jpendley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> What's the best flash for OM-1 and/or OM-4?  I prefer
>  something w/tilt.

It's hard to beat a T32 on a Bounce Grip 2 with the OM-4. You can tilt and
swivel to your hearts content with the BG2, and the 4 'C' cells reduce
recycle times and dramatically increase the number of flashes. Add a motor or
winder, and the M grip cord, and you have a setup that handles pretty well,
despite the weight and size. My OM-4 with the BG2, T32, Winder and 100/2
looks pretty cool, too!

The T32 is pretty good by itself (tilting, but not swiveling). There is a
fairly wide range of accessories for it as well, including filters (ND,
colored, and wide diffuser), and a zoom head. It has three auto apertures you
can use with the OM-1.

One caveat with the OM-1. If you use the BG2 with a motor/winder on the OM-1,
the PC cord built into the BG2 won't reach the socket on the OM-1 with flash
on the right (film advance) side of the camera. One solution might be a TTL
Auto Connector 3 with the extra pin cut off, and use a TTL cord. With an
OM-1n you would just use a TTL Auto Connector 4 instead, of course.

Hope this helps,

Paul Schings