Re: [OM] Cold weather OM-4 problem

Subject: Re: [OM] Cold weather OM-4 problem
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 22:11:18 -0500
Winter is _definately_ here! At least I don't live in upper VT, where it was -30 F, without the wind!!

No, I wasn't using the self timer, but I'm comforted by your notion that it is a battery problem and not an electronics problem.

I only wish that OM electronic bodies could take their battery juice from an in-the-pocket 6v Winder pack or a 15v NiCd pack for the MD2. That would solve much of the issue.

I guess that I'll use my OM-1 or Leica M when it gets REAL cold next time. I will not..., I will not...., I will not buy an OM-3 or 3T to cover this situation. (I have to keep telling myself that, otherwise the phone just jumps in my ear and rips an order from my brain to B&H or KEH!)

Skip