[OM] Reply to OM Photos for your critique.

Subject: [OM] Reply to OM Photos for your critique.
From: "Ron Spolarich" <caesar2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 18:34:04 -0500
My dear friend Mr. Tobias.  The stone bridge pictures are true images.  One
was taken in B&W the other in color negative Royal Select 200 with a
polarizer.  There was no manipulation of any sort.  In fact, I stated in one
of my previous posts to Dave that image Places 6 - 5 was most definitely not
a true representation.  It was a totally overexposed image.  But with my
Nikon Scanner & PS I was able to resurrect it.  It definitely is not
something that I regard as worthy of praise!

The Point Wolfe image is precisely what I saw and photographed, albeit a
complete amateur more than 10 years ago and still so today with a lowly OMG!
I'm dismayed that you should revile my images with such absolute certainty
that they were manipulated.

With regard to the use of photoshop, the only "manipulation" I have
performed is to resize, sharpen and save as a JPEG.

I am certainly not above objective criticism but to state that I have
perpetuated a fraud upon the group ... you go to far!

RonS