RE: [OM] Importance of staying consistent / My thoughts on OM4 Spot met

Subject: RE: [OM] Importance of staying consistent / My thoughts on OM4 Spot meter button
From: "Buddy Walters" <IRBWalters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 11:19:10 -0800
Hi Gregg,
Comments as follows;

-----Original Message-----
Gregg Iverson
Two bodies loaded with different film *might* create a problem if
running on auto pilot.
I think I would prefer having something to make me aware of which I had to
my eye.

Snip!
Agreed, knowing which film you are shooting can be a little tricky if you
are shooting 2 or 3 films in exactly the same bodies.
In the years past you could solve this problem by buying one black and one
chrome body.  Here are some ways to help get around this problem.
1.  Someone already mentioned the film label on the camera back.
2.  I go as far as loading "ONLY" velvia in one body which has my 1-10
"grid" screen.  My 100 asa body has a 1-8 screen.  Each body "NEVER" sees
the other film.
3.  A different kind or color strap also helps.
4.  Keep a certain lens attached to a particular film/body while it is in
the bag.

Gregg wrote:
If I regularly use both bodies, then they can both become automatic while
still reminding me of what was loaded.
Gregg

Snip!
Agreed that anyone can become efficient and comfortable with a number of
different bodies if they use them on a regular basis.  As Doris points out,
there are many professionals who use different equipment.
I am simply saying that if you choose to use different systems, you will
never achieve the degree of smoothness, total automatic-ness, or whatever
you want to call it that you would if you use the same anything all the
time.  There will be a certain degree of compromise.  If that compromise is
acceptable, fine.
As Doris says, whatever works for you.

I've often wondered how many times Doris tries to attach a Nikon lens by
turning it clockwise like you would an Olympus. <g>

Buddy