Re: [OM] My thoughts om OM4 and/or suggestions, should an OM5 ever be...

Subject: Re: [OM] My thoughts om OM4 and/or suggestions, should an OM5 ever be...and new Zuiko-glass - ahh....
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 11:55:47 -0800
Hi Thomas,

Question, what benefit do you get by using a winder
in manual mode with a spot meter?
The techniques seem to cancel each other out.
And then you have the added weight.

In my opinion
An OM 4 should advance to a OM 6
A OM 3 should advance to a OM 5
Neither will ever happen.
I would like to see Olympus start advertising the
OM3 and 4 though and drop the price a bit.
We could use a retro mentality in Photography.

Another thought on a similar subject:
As long as we are all dreaming of new OM cameras how about
a new flash to improve on what is available?
I would like to see a unit at least as powerful as the T-32 with
full synchro capabilities, a high profile and fill ratio compensation.
Oh, and full tilt and swivel including down a bit for close ups.
(as if anyone is listening at Oly)

You are going to have trouble deciding weather to use the
85 or the 100 they are both soooo nice.

Enjoy the new lenses and welcome back.

Charlie L.