RE: [OM] Wondering why...

Subject: RE: [OM] Wondering why...
From: Olaf Greve <Ogreve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 12:12:42 +0100
Hi,

> I looked at my 35/2.8 version.  The way it's designed to shift would make
> such a linkage an absolute nightmare.  I think you hit the reason squarely
> (pun intended) on the head . . . and it's likely why nobody else's shift
> and/or tilt has an auto-diaphragm either.

It must be something like that. I can't imagine the Oly designers not having
given this some thought, so probably they couldn't come up with a mechanism
that takes care of it. Either way, it's a little bit a pity, but it's no big
issue either. I find the preset diafragm of the 35/2.8 Shift to be working
just fine, and it's not that cumbersome. Can't speak for the 24/3.5 Shift
though, as unfortunately that lens is "a bit" out of my league :(

> BTW, great job on the scripting for ADITL 3.

Thanks! :)
Hmm, come to think of it: did George already show you a preview version, or
did you just base your comment on my description of the scripts? -- curious
if it has already been set-up completely at the Whitney Gallery server...:)

Cheerio!
Olafo